Getting to the Summit
The November 13 farm tours will be held at three locations in the Woodland/Davis area. Registered attendees will be provided detailed instructions closer to the event.
The November 14 conference will be held at the UC Davis Conference Center, located on the main UC Davis campus in Davis, California at 550 Alumni Lane, Davis, CA 95616. The closest visitor parking lots to the UC Davis Conference Center are the South Entry Parking Structure and the Visitor Parking Lots 1 and 2.
Before You Come
Book Your Hotel
We invite you to stay at the Hyatt Place UC Davis, just steps from the UC Davis Conference Center. The Summit has secured a discounted rate of $159/night for November 12-14, 2022. This rate is valid until October 31, 2022 or until our reserved block of rooms sells out. Book your stay today:
- The quickest way to book your room is to use this link to access the discounted rate through the online reservation system OR
- Call the hotel directly at 888 492-8847 and reference “G-CALS”
If you have trouble booking your stay, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchase a Parking Permit
A valid UC Davis parking permit is required to park on campus Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. The cost is $15/day. The closest visitor parking lots to the UC Davis Conference Center are the Visitor Parking Lots 1 and 2. UC Davis visitor permits are available for purchase through the free ParkMobile app or from permit-dispensing machines. Use ParkMobile zone 35212. We highly recommend downloading the ParkMobile app and purchasing a parking permit in advance.
Carpooling Is Encouraged
Whether you’re coming from the local area, or from a few hours away, consider hitching a shared ride to save money on gas and reduce your environmental impact. Try one of these options:
CalCAN staff are tracking guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and will follow the latest Covid-19 protocols in place at the time of the Summit. If you need to cancel your registration due to COVID infection, you can request a full refund.
This is a mask-friendly event. We will not require proof of testing or vaccination. We do ask that you comply voluntarily with the following guidelines to protect the health and wellbeing of the other members of our Summit community:
- Do not attend if you have any symptoms of Covid-19, if you have tested positive for the virus in the last 10 days, or if you have been in close contact within the past 3 days with someone who recently tested positive.
- If you have any concern that you might have COVID-19 or been exposed to the virus, please take an antigen or PCR test before coming to the Summit. CDC guidance states that you should isolate (and not attend the Summit) if in the last five days you tested positive and have mild symptoms that are not improving. If you have moderate symptoms, you should isolate for 10 days. If you have been in close contact within the past 3 days with someone who tested positive, you should wear a mask, monitor yourself for symptoms, and test regularly.
- We support mask wearing to protect yourselves and others when in indoor spaces. Please bring your own since we will have a limited amount at the event.