Can you call the Governor and Legislature today?
May 18, 2022 – The Governor and legislative leaders are in the final stages of negotiations for the FY 2022-23 state budget and are making decisions about final agriculture, climate change, wildfire and drought packages.
Please email or call today and urge them to include funding for a healthy, just and resilient food and farming system!
It’s easy and only takes a couple of minutes to make your voice heard.
Here are the phone numbers to call:
- Governor Gavin Newsom – (916) 445-2841 or email via the website (select Food & Ag concerns): https://govapps.gov.ca.gov/gov40mail/
- Pro Tem Toni Atkins – (916) 651-4039 or via email: https://sd39.senate.ca.gov/contact
- Speaker Anthony Rendon – (916) 319-2063 or via email: https://speaker.asmdc.org/contact-anthony
- Senator Nancy Skinner – (916) 651-4009 or via email: https://sd09.senate.ca.gov/contact
- Assemblymember Phil Ting – (916) 319-2019 or via email: https://a19.asmdc.org/
All you need to do is call or email the offices above and leave a message.
You can use the sample script below:
We have the opportunity to secure robust funding for multi-benefit, Climate Smart Agriculture programs. Budget leaders are also considering funding a new organic transition program to provide technical and financial resources for farmers wanting to transition their operations to organic production and prescribed grazing infrastructure to support wildfire prevention. Finally, we also have the opportunity to improve farmworker housing with home weatherization and HVAC investments.